Temporary Terms and Conditions - COVID-19 outbreak (as at 18 March 2020)
These terms and conditions apply to a course scheduled during the period of the COVID-19 outbreak.
These terms and conditions may be subject to further change as the situation continues to evolve.
‘Isolation’ means that you have been diagnosed with COVID-19. (You may be in hospital with other people who have the virus. Isolation lessens the likelihood of you infecting people around you or elsewhere).
‘Quarantine’ means that you are healthy, and that you may have come into contact with the virus. (For example, this would apply when you have returned from overseas and you are restricted to staying at home, ideally in a separate bedroom).
Terms and conditions:
- Isolation: if you cannot attend a course because you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (and you have a medical certificate) we will refund 100% of your course fee.
- For planning purposes, we would appreciate it if you could provide us with prior notice - if possible - that you are unable to attend.
- Quarantine: if you are in quarantine, and have the option to attend via live-stream, you may do so, and we will charge 50% of the normal course fee. If you do not wish to participate via live-stream, we will refund 100% of your course fee.
- Re-deployment: If you have been re-deployed to work on the COVID-19 response when scheduled to attend a course, we will refund 100% of your course fee.
- Please provide documentation from your employer (e.g. an email) to support your request.
- Working from home: If you have been instructed by your employer to work from home, it may be possible to participate via live-streaming (a reduced course fee will apply).
- If this is not possible, we will refund 100% of your course fee.
- Caring responsibilities: If you have caring responsibilities that arise directly from the COVID-19 outbreak, we will refund 100% of your course fee.
- Please provide supporting documentation, e.g. advice from a relevant institution.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time, apply to the registration to attend a course or event offered by the TTC. By completing a registration, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Completion of a Registration
Once the online registration form has been completed, TTC will send an email confirming Registration to Your Contact Email.
Registration is complete when the confirmation email is issued by TTC to Your Contact Email.
To change any of the details provided at the time of registering, including Your Contact Email, please email TTC on email@example.com .
A Registration is for the date specified at the time of you registering, unless otherwise changed by TTC. A Registration cannot be transferred to another date or a different Course.
Information about a Registration
Course information may change after a Registration.
TTC will send a reminder email to Your Contact Email prior to the date of the Course. It is important that you read carefully all of the information contained in this email.
In rare circumstances, emails may be sent to junk mail, so please check your junk mail box if you have not received emails from the TTC.
By credit card
Payment may be made by credit card online at the time of Registration.
Following approval of your payment, a tax invoice and receipt will be generated and sent to Your Contact Email.
Tasmanian State Service employees should familiarise themselves with the provisions of Treasurer’s Instruction FC-9 – Tasmanian Government Card.
If payment is not being made by way of credit card, a tax invoice will be generated at the time of Registration and sent to Your Contact Email.
It is your responsibility to pass the invoice onto your accounts department for payment.
Payment is due within 20 Business Days from the date of the invoice.
Cancellation of Registration and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be made in writing
Please note that all cancellation requests must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For cancellation requests received by TTC less than 10 Business Days prior to the date for the Course, 25 per cent of the total cost will be retained by TTC as a cancellation fee. The balance will be refunded. Payment of the balance monies will be made within 20 Business Days of the date of the cancellation.
Cancellation requests received by TTC more than 10 Business Days prior to the date for the Course will receive a full refund. Please allow up to 20 Business Days for the refund to be processed.
If, in respect of a Registration, you or a substitute attendee do not attend without notice, there will be no refund offered and 100 per cent of the total cost will be retained by TTC.
If you are unable to attend, substitute attendees are welcome at any time (including on the day of the Course). Please advise TTC by email to email@example.com of the name and contact details of the substitute attendee before the start of the Course (including any access or dietary requirements of the substitute attendee). No fee will be incurred for substituting another person.
Cancellation or alteration of a Course
TTC has the right to cancel or alter a Course at its absolute discretion. In such circumstances attendees will be notified via email.
If TTC cancels a course any fees paid will be fully refunded. Please allow up to 20 Business days for the refund to be processed.
In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
Business Day means a day that is not a Saturday, a Sunday, Easter Tuesday or a statutory holiday (as defined in the Statutory Holidays Act 2000 (Tas)) generally observed in Hobart, Tasmania.
Course means a course or event facilitated and promoted by the TTC.
Registration means a booking, registration or reservation made with the TTC online or by telephone to attend a Course.
TTC means the Crown in Right of Tasmania (represented by the Department of Premier and Cabinet) trading as the Tasmanian Training Consortium of Level 9, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000.
Your Contact Email means the email address provided by you at the time of Registration.